About Lakeside Credit Union
Lakeside Credit Union was chartered on November 29, 1965 and began conducting business January 1, 1966.
Why was the credit union organized?
During and after the Chemours plant construction in 1959, several of the employees felt that a credit union was necessary for the purpose of promoting savings and thrift by the members. These employees knew that by pooling their funds, they could make loans to one-another and that they could elect their own board of directors in order to govern a safe place to save and borrow money at reasonable rates.
The first office was located inside the Chemours plant in a small one-room office. The office on the plant was constructed in 1980 and our Hwy 70 office opened in 1996. We now serve over 2,500 members with an asset size of over 41,000,000. Accounts at the credit union are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. National Credit Union Administration, A U.S. Government Agency
Our board of directors are elected each year by the membership at our annual meeting. We currently have seven directors who serve on a volunteer basis and receive no compensation for their services.
The credit union now has two full service locations with 11 full-time employees. Our goal is to provide our members with competitively priced financial services in a prompt, accurate, and professional manner while maintaining growth, profitability, and stability.
Our Mission Statement
To operate a sound financial institution for our membership and to provide quality service, financial assistance, and a safe place to save and borrow at a reasonable rate.